Definition of German catchfly
: a Eurasian perennial herb (Lynchnis viscaria) with red or purple flowers that has viscid patches on the stem below the flower clusters and is used as an ornamental
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game