Geor·gi·na gidgee | \ (ˈ)jȯ(r)¦jēnə-\
Definition of Georgina gidgee
: a scrubby Australian acacia (Acacia georginae) of the Georgina river district that much resembles and is sometimes considered a hybrid of the common gidgee and that has been implicated as a causative factor of Georgina River disease in animals that feed on its seed pods
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?