Ge·o·plana | \ ˌjēōˈplānə, -lanə, -länə\
Definition of Geoplana
: a large genus (the type of the family Geoplanidae) of chiefly tropical terrestrial triclad turbellarian worms having a marginal band of eyes about the body
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game