Ge·o·dia | \ jēˈōdēə\
Definition of Geodia
: a genus (the type of the family Geodiidae) of large deep-sea sponges of the class Demospongiae with anchoring structures that resemble roots
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game