Definition of Generation Y
: the generation of people born in the period roughly from 1980 to the mid-1990s : the millennials Generation Y is purportedly wiping out casual dining, golf, diamonds, homeownership, and bars of soap …— Elizabeth King Generation Y is the most educated in American history, but its education came at a price.— Derek Thompson — compare generation x, generation z
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game