Definition of Gaza
Note: Along with the Gaza Strip (the surrounding coastal district, which adjoins the Sinai Peninsula) , the city of Gaza was administered by Egypt from 1949 to 1967 and then by Israel until 2005, when it came under the control of the Palestinian Authority. The population of the whole district is about 1,400,000.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game