Gar·rya | \ ˈgarēə\
Definition of Garrya
: a genus of evergreen shrubs and small trees (family Cornaceae) with coriaceous opposite leaves and small dioecious flowers that are borne in silky racemes which resemble catkins and are pistillate with two stipes — see bear brush , garryaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game