Ga·lan·thus | \ gəˈlan(t)thəs\
Definition of Galanthus
: a small genus of European bulbous herbs (family Amaryllidaceae) comprising the snowdrops and having solid scapes and nodding flowers with three larger outer perianth segments and three smaller inner ones with 2-lobed tips
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?