Definition of Gabon
country of western Africa on the Atlantic and bisected by the Equator; formerly a territory of French Equatorial Africa, since 1958 a republic; capital Libreville area 102,317 square miles (265,001 square kilometers), population 1,600,000
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game