Fur·craea | \ ˌfərˈkrēə \
Definition of Furcraea
: a genus of tropical American succulent plants (family Agavaceae or Asparagaceae) that have sword-shaped leaves and whitish flowers, are closely related to the agaves, and that are often cultivated for ornamental use or for the strong, durable fiber obtained from the leaves — see cajun entry 2, fique, giant cabuya
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game