Fur·craea | \ ˌfərˈkrēə\
Definition of Furcraea
: a genus of tropical American succulent plants (family Agavaceae or Asparagaceae) that have sword-shaped leaves and whitish flowers, are closely related to the agaves, and that are often cultivated for ornamental use or for the strong, durable fiber obtained from the leaves — see cajun entry 2, fique, giant cabuya
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game