Friuli-Venezia Giuliageographical name
Definition of Friuli-Venezia Giulia
region of northern Italy east of the Veneto region; capital Trieste area 3028 square miles (7842 square kilometers), population 1,218,985
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game