Frisian Islandsgeographical name
Definition of Frisian Islands
islands in northwestern Europe in the North Sea including the West Frisian Islands (off the northern part of the Netherlands), East Frisian Islands (off northwestern Germany), and North Frisian Islands (off northwestern Germany and Denmark, including Helgoland and Sylt)
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?