Definition of French tea
1 : an aromatic herb (Micheliella anisata) of the mint family of the southeastern U.S.
2 : a tea made from a sage (Salvia officinalis) of southern France
— called also Greek tea
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game