Definition of French manicure
: a manicure in which a band of usually white polish across the tip of the nail contrasts with the often clear or pale polish below The hottest summer beauty trick is a French manicure … . You start with a clear base coat, then the palest beige over that, and then the crowning touch: The nail is tipped in special white-on-white polish that enhances and protects the nail. Over that goes another coat of very pale polish, and over that is a final clear topcoat.— Laura Misch — see also french tips
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game