Definition of Frankenstein
1a : the title character in Mary W. Shelley's novel Frankenstein who creates a monster that ruins his life
b : a monster in the shape of a man especially in popularized versions of the Frankenstein story
2 : a monstrous creation especially : a work or agency that ruins its originator
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?