For·bush's sparrow | \ ˈfȯrˌbu̇shə̇z-, -bəsh-\
Definition of Forbush's sparrow
: a sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii gracilis) of the Pacific coast closely related to the Lincoln's sparrow but browner
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?