Fin·sen light | \ ˈfin(t)sən-, -nzən-\
Definition of Finsen light
: a mixture of blue, violet, and near ultraviolet light that is produced by a lamp using a high-temperature carbon arc or a mercury arc and that is used in the treatment of lupus and certain other skin conditions and in testing paints and other protective coatings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game