Finger Lakesgeographical name
Definition of Finger Lakes
group of long, narrow lakes in west central New York comprising Cayuga, Seneca, Keuka, Canandaigua, Skaneateles, Owasco, and several smaller lakes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?