variants: or Fereghan \ ¦ferə¦gän \
Definition of Feraghan
: a usually small heavy Persian rug chiefly of cotton having usually a web and a fringed end, a deep blue or rose field with an allover herati sometimes guli hinnai design and a main border with a turtle design, and being highly prized if antique
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game