variants: or Fereghan \ ¦ferə¦gän \
Definition of Feraghan
: a usually small heavy Persian rug chiefly of cotton having usually a web and a fringed end, a deep blue or rose field with an allover herati sometimes guli hinnai design and a main border with a turtle design, and being highly prized if antique
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game