Fen·no·man | \ ¦fenō¦män\
Definition of Fennoman
: a partisan of the nationalist movement in Finland that began in the middle of the 19th century by advocating the use and cultivation of the Finnish language — compare swekoman
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game