Exaltation of the Cross
Definition of Exaltation of the Cross
: a feast observed in the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches on September 14 in commemoration of what is held to be the historical recovery of the true cross from the Persians and its return to Jerusalem in the 7th century
— called also Holy Cross Day
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game