Definition of Eve's constant
: a measure of the intensity of radioactivity of a given substance consisting of the number of ions produced per second per cubic centimeter of ordinary air at a distance of one centimeter from one gram of the substance when in radioactive equilibrium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?