Eu·su·chia | \ yüˈsükēə\
Definition of Eusuchia
: a suborder or other division of Loricata including the typical members of that group (such as the existing gavials, alligators, and crocodiles and post-Cretaceous fossil forms) having the internal nasal opening situated far back and surrounded by the pterygoid bone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game