Definition of European wildcat
: a wildcat (Felis silvestris silvestris) of chiefly forested regions of Europe that has a thick gray to brown black-striped coat and is typically active during the day
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game