Eu·po·ma·tia | \ ˌyüpəˈmāsh(ē)ə\
Definition of Eupomatia
: a small Australasian genus (the type of the family Eupomatiaceae of the order Ranales) comprising trees and shrubs with large staminodia that resemble petals between the anther-bearing stamens and the stigma so that pollination can only be effected by insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game