Definition of Euphrates
river 1700 miles (2736 kilometers) long in southwestern Asia flowing from eastern Turkey southeast through Syria and Iraq to unite with the Tigris forming the Shatt al Arab — see kara su
Note: The valley of the Euphrates was extensively irrigated in ancient times.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game