Definition of Euphorbiaceae
: a widely distributed family of herbs, shrubs, or trees (order Geraniales) with usually milky often poisonous juice, unisexual flowers, and a superior usually trilocular ovary and including several medicinal plants (such as those yielding castor oil and croton oil), several trees yielding caoutchouc, and the cassava — see hevea, manihot
Keep scrolling for more
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game