Eu·phau·si·a·cea | \ (ˌ)yüˌfȯzēˈāshēə\
Definition of Euphausiacea
: an order of small commonly luminescent malacostracan crustaceans (division Eucarida) related to the Decapoda, resembling shrimps, and in some areas forming an important element of marine plankton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game