Eu·phau·si·a·cea | \ (ˌ)yüˌfȯzēˈāshēə\
Definition of Euphausiacea
: an order of small commonly luminescent malacostracan crustaceans (division Eucarida) related to the Decapoda, resembling shrimps, and in some areas forming an important element of marine plankton
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game