Eu·lamellibranchia | \ "+ \
Definition of Eulamellibranchia
: an order of Lamellibranchia comprising bivalve mollusks that have filamentous gills forming two continuous flattened layers on each side of the body, the foot usually large, and a byssus reduced or absent and that include the oysters, freshwater mussels, clams, cockles, shipworms, and numerous related mollusks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game