Eu·lamellibranchia | \ "+\
Definition of Eulamellibranchia
: an order of Lamellibranchia comprising bivalve mollusks that have filamentous gills forming two continuous flattened layers on each side of the body, the foot usually large, and a byssus reduced or absent and that include the oysters, freshwater mussels, clams, cockles, shipworms, and numerous related mollusks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game