Definition of Eritrea
country of northeastern Africa bordering on the Red Sea across from Yemen and Saudi Arabia; capital Asmara; became part of Ethiopia in 1962 and then became independent in 1993; area 45,406 square miles (117,600 square kilometers), population 5,971,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game