Er·cles vein | \ ˈərˌklēz-\
Definition of Ercles vein
: a rousing somewhat bombastic manner of public speaking or writing could not write in the Ercles vein if he would, and he had chosen to give his inaugural address an agreeably quiet tone — Nation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?