Definition of Equuleus
: a small northern constellation that is visible between the constellations of Aquarius and Delphinus and that is represented by the figure of a small horse Just west of Pegasus is the small constellation of Equuleus, the Small Horse. Equuleus is easy to identify with its parallelogram-shaped asterism.— Michael R. Porcellino, A Young Astronomer's Guide to the Night Sky, 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game