Epi·hip·pus | \ ˌepə̇ˈhipəs, ˌepēˈ-\
Definition of Epihippus
: a genus of ancestral horses of the Upper Eocene known only from fragmentary remains and having the middle toe of each foot prominent and the side toes rather slender
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game