Epi·hip·pus | \ ˌepə̇ˈhipəs, ˌepēˈ-\
Definition of Epihippus
: a genus of ancestral horses of the Upper Eocene known only from fragmentary remains and having the middle toe of each foot prominent and the side toes rather slender
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game