Ep·i·ca·rid·ea | \ ˌepəkəˈridēə\
Definition of Epicaridea
: a suborder of Isopoda comprising isopods (such as those of the family Bopyridae) of which the enlarged and modified females are parasites on other crustaceans while the minute males usually live attached to the females
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?