Eph·tha·lite | \ ˈefthəˌlīt \
variants: or less commonly Hephthalite \ ˈhe- \
Definition of Ephthalite
: a member of the western branch of the Yueh-chi-Tocharians that ruled Russian Turkestan and northwest India in the 5th and 6th centuries A.D.
— called also White Hun
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game