Ep·a·cri·da·ce·ae | \ ˌepəkrə̇ˈdāsēˌē\
Definition of Epacridaceae
: a large family of Australasian heathlike shrubs, small trees, and woody vines (order Ericales) having flowers with usually five stamens adnate to the corolla tube and the ovary surrounded by a hypogynous disk or five free scales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?