Definition of Entomophthoraceae
: a family of mostly parasitic lower fungi (order Entomophthorales) that typically develop in the bodies of insects, have a reduced mycelium which tends to break up into hyphal bodies, reproduce asexually by usually multinucleate conidia and in a few instances sexually with the formation of zygospores, and commonly also produce thick-walled chlamydospores under unfavorable conditions — see entomophthora
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game