Definition of Entomophthoraceae
: a family of mostly parasitic lower fungi (order Entomophthorales) that typically develop in the bodies of insects, have a reduced mycelium which tends to break up into hyphal bodies, reproduce asexually by usually multinucleate conidia and in a few instances sexually with the formation of zygospores, and commonly also produce thick-walled chlamydospores under unfavorable conditions — see entomophthora
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?