En·to·lo·ma | \ ˌentəˈlōmə \
Definition of Entoloma
: a genus of pink-spored agarics lacking both volva and annulus, having the gills notched or separating from the fleshy stem, and including some (such as E. lividum) that are distinctly poisonous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game