En·op·li·da | \ eˈnäplədə\
Definition of Enoplida
: an order of Aphasmidia that comprises nematode worms with the esophagus divisible into two regions and the amphids saccular or poriform and that is usually divided into the suborders Enoplina, Dorylaimina, and Dioctophymatina — compare chromadorida
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?