English cocker spanielnoun
Definition of English cocker spaniel
: any of a breed of active friendly spaniels that have square muzzles, wide noses, and heads which are typically half muzzle and half skull with the forehead and skull arched and slightly flattened
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?