End·amoe·bi·dae | \ ˌendəˈmēbəˌdē\
Definition of Endamoebidae
: a large family of endoparasitic amoebas (order Amoebina) that invade the digestive tract of vertebrates and invertebrates and are typically passed from host to host in a resistant cyst through the medium of contaminated food or drink — compare endamoeba , entamoeba
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game