Em·bi·o·dea | \ ˌembēˈōdēə\
Definition of Embiodea
: a small order of slender elongated chiefly tropical insects with large head and 10-segmented abdomen having males that are usually winged and both nymphs and adults that live in silken webs which they spin with glands in the fore tarsi — see web spinner
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?