El·sin·oë | \ elˈsinəˌwē\
Definition of Elsinoë
: a genus of ascomycetous fungi that have a flat stroma with a gelatinous interior and a crustose rind and that cause various anthracnose and scab diseases of higher plants
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game