Definition of Egyptian goose
: an African bird (Alopochen aegypticus synonym A. aegyptiaca) that has a distinctive brown patch around the eye and on the lower breast and that resembles a goose in appearance but is related to the Sheldrake
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?