Ech·i·u·roi·dea | \ ˌekēyəˈrȯidēə \
Definition of Echiuroidea
: a group of marine worms of obscure position though commonly classed as a division of Gephyrea and distinguished by a sensitive but nonretractile proboscis overlying the mouth which in some forms (as some worms of the genus Bonellia) may attain great size
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game