Definition of Easter daisy
: a low-growing ash-gray perennial herb (Townsendia exscapa) of western North America with linear or linear-oblanceolate leaves arranged in a rosette and sessile white flower heads that appear at about Easter season
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game