Definition of Easter daisy
: a low-growing ash-gray perennial herb (Townsendia exscapa) of western North America with linear or linear-oblanceolate leaves arranged in a rosette and sessile white flower heads that appear at about Easter season
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game