Easter Islandgeographical name
Definition of Easter Island
island of Chile in the southeastern Pacific 2000 miles (3200 kilometers) west of the coast area 46 square miles (119 square kilometers)
Note: Easter Island has hundreds of large monolithic statues with human features.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?