Easter Islandgeographical name
Definition of Easter Island
island of Chile in the southeastern Pacific 2000 miles (3200 kilometers) west of the coast area 46 square miles (119 square kilometers)
Note: Easter Island has hundreds of large monolithic statues with human features.
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game