East Prussiageographical name
Definition of East Prussia
region of northern Europe bordering on the Baltic Sea east of Pomerania; formerly a province of Prussia; for a time (1919–39) separated from the rest of Prussia by the Polish Corridor; divided in 1945 between Poland and the U.S.S.R. (Russia and Lithuania)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game