Eöt·vös balance | \ ˈət|(ˌ)vəsh-, ˈet|, ˈə̄tˌvə̄sh-, ˈə̄tvəsh- \
Definition of Eötvös balance
: a sensitive torsion balance used for the measurement of variations in the density of the underlying rocks that records the horizontal gradient of gravity
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game