Du·ches·nea | \ d(y)üˈkānēə\
Definition of Duchesnea
: a small genus of perennial Asiatic herbs (family Rosaceae) comprising two species of plants that resemble strawberries but have yellow flowers and spongy dry fruits — see indian strawberry
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?